Sunday, July 10, 2016

I can't end there....

I mean I spent more of the last post talking about a new motorcycle than what we saw!

So, our trip was originally going to end on Sunday, but we got back Saturday night.  We got online and started searching for DR's to test ride.  We set up a test ride for a used DR for Sunday evening.  Meanwhile, Sunday morning we headed for Pro Caliber.  I wanted to buy from Motosport, but they aren't open on Sundays.  I was going to wait, but...











I am a very happy owner of a Suzuki 2016 DR 650.  I sold the xt to a friend who is just getting into dual sporting.  I can keep up with traffic on all the freeways, and am doing pretty ok offroading as well.  The stock tires aren't ideal, and I still can be a bit hesitant on the throttle, but I don't have fear coursing through my veins every time I go off road. Matter of fact, on our most recent camping trip, I went out to scout campsites alone, no cell service, just me and Moto, and had no worries about riding the bike off road.  If you know me, that's huge progress.  So, that's where I'm at!  Next year will be 4th honeymoon, 4th bike.  Maybe I should write a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment